Generic Mevacor. Buy Lovastatin onlineGeneric Mevacor used in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (gipolipoproteinemii types IIa and IIb) with a high content of LDL (after failure of diet therapy in patients in an increased risk of coronary atherosclerosis), combined hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia, atherosclerosis.
Generic name: Lovastatin
Brand name: Mevacor
Mevacor is a cholesterol-lowering remedy which blocks the production of cholesterol (a type of fat) in the body. Mevacor reduces low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and total cholesterol in the blood. This may prevent heart disease and hardening of the arteries, conditions that can lead to stroke, vascular disease, heart attack.
Your doctor may prescribe this remedy for other purposes. Contact your physician if you need to learn more information about this drug.
Don't stop treatment with Mevacor earlier than it was prescribed by your doctor even if you notice improvements of your condition. Stopping the medication too early may worsen your condition. Be careful about doing dangerous tasks, driving, operating machinery or climbing until you are aware how this drug affects you. Don't drink alcohol and don't smoke. Always contact a medic before giving Mevacor to a child.
What symptoms or conditions should I report to a doctor before I take this medicine?
It is important to report to a doctor if you have or had the following conditions:
- allergy to Mevacor, other foods, preservatives, medicines or dyes
- underactive thyroid
- a muscle disorder
- kidney disease
How do I take this medicine?
Note: This remedy was prescribed to you only. Don't share this medicament with others. Follow strictly your doctor's recommendations. Don't take more or longer than your doctor recommended.
This medication should be taken orally with some water. This drug should be taken with food. Take the doses on the rigid schedule.
Taking any medicine in large doses you can have serious consequences for your health. If you feel an overdose, contact your health care professional instantly.
What should I do if I miss the dose?
If you miss the dose, try to take it as soon as you have the opportunity. If it is time for your next dose, take only one dose. You don't have to double the dose.
- nefazodone (Serzone)
- danazol (Danocrine)
- an antidepressant such as desipramine (Norpramin), amitriptyline (Etrafon, Elavil), fluvoxamine (Luvox), fluoxetine (Prozac), nefazodone (Serzone), imipramine (Tofranil, Janimine), or paroxetine (Paxil)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Tiazac, Dilacor), amiodarone (Cordarone), or verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Isoptin)
- colestipol (Colestid), cholestyramine (Questran)
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin)
- niacin (Slo-Niacin, Nicolar, Nicobid, others)
- an antifungal medication such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), or ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- clofibrate (Atromid-S), gemfibrozil (Lopid), or fenofibrate (Tricor)
- HIV /AIDS medicine such as ritonavir (Norvir), nelfinavir (Viracept)
- drugs that weaken your immune system such as cancer medicine or steroids, sirolimus (Rapamune), cyclosporine (Neoral, Gengraf, Sandimmune), tacrolimus (Prograf), and others|
- clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (Ery-Tab, E-Mycin, others), or telithromycin (Ketek)
This list of interactions may be not complete. Provide your medical practitioners entire list of medicines, herbs, dietary supplements or non-prescription drugs you take. Moreover tell them whether you drink alcohol, use illegal drugs or smoke. Particular items may interact with your drug.
Which side effects can I perceive from this remedy?
Contact your physician immediately if you notice any of the following serious side effects:
- allergy like skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, hives, itching, difficulty breathing
- muscle pain
- dark colored urine
- weakness with fever or flu symptoms
Side effects that generally don't need medical care (apprise your medical practitioner if they continue or are irritating):
- stomach upset
- stomach pain
This list of side effects may be not complete, others may occur. Inform your medical practitioners about all side effects you experience.
This remedy is only a part of a total heart-health program. Follow any recommendations of your doctor concerning low-fat diet.
Check your physician regularly. You may need regular tests to make sure your liver is working properly.
Inform your physician in case you feel unexplained muscle weakness or pain, tenderness, fever, dark colored urine, flu symptoms.
FDA pregnancy category X. Ask your physician about using this remedy during pregnancy, breast-feeding.
Inform your doctor immediately if you become pregnant during treatment. Use an effective form of birth control during treatment.
Inform your surgeon that you are taking Mevacor in case you are going to have surgery.
Mevacor should be stored at room temperature, in a tightly closed container. Protect from moisture, direct heat, and light. Do not store in the bathroom or near a sink. Keep Mevacor out of the reach of children and away from animals.
Warning: Before taking the drug you need to consult your doctor. The information contained in this article is not intended to cover all possible precautions, drug interactions, adverse effects, directions, uses, allergic reactions or warnings.