Generic Osteoporosis medications
Osteoporosis is a systemic skeletal disease that results in reduced bone density, when the structure of deteriorating bone tissue can lead to fracture.
One can distinguish primary and secondary osteoporosis. Primary osteoporosis is juvenile, idiopathic, postmenopausal (type 1) and senile (type 2). Secondary osteoporosis includes rheumatic diseases, endocrine system, digestive system, blood, kidneys, and many other states and genetic disorders.
Causes of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis most often affects women and older men. The causes of the disease may serve:
- lack of movement
- chronic diseases of the intestine and stomach
- structure of the skeleton
- endocrine diseases
- genetic predisposition
- excessive use of hormones, thyroxine, heparin, anticonvulsants, etc.
- disruption of the menstrual cycle
- some diseases
Alcohol abuse, smoking, lack of calcium and vitamin D3 in the body may also provoke osteoporosis.
It is very difficult to notice the presence of osteoporosis at an early stage. Bone pain with weather changes, brittleness of hair and nail, disorders in posture and dental problems are enough to seek medical attention.
First symptoms of osteoporosis:
- pain in the spine - the thoracic and lumbar spine - appearing after prolonged static load (for sedentary work, for example)
- reduction in growth
- vertebral compression fractures and femoral neck
- manifestations of periodontal disease
- leg cramps at night
- persistent pain in back and interscapular region