Generic Tofranil (Imipramine)
Generic Tofranil is used to fight against major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, bulimia, enuresis (inability to control urination) and attention deficit disorder in children.
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 30 pills||$30.00||$1.00|
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 60 pills||$55.00||$0.92|
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 90 pills||$75.00||$0.83|
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 120 pills||$90.00||$0.75|
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 180 pills||$115.00||$0.64|
|Generic Tofranil||25mg × 360 pills||$200.00||$0.56|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 30 pills||$35.00||$1.17|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 60 pills||$65.00||$1.08|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 90 pills||$85.00||$0.94|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 120 pills||$100.00||$0.83|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 180 pills||$140.00||$0.78|
|Generic Tofranil||75mg × 360 pills||$250.00||$0.69|
Tofranil ( Imipramine, Tofranil-PM, Imiprin, Janimine, Antidep, Apo- Chrytemin, Daypress, Depsol, Depsonil, Ethipramine, Fronil, Imidol, Imiprex, Melipramine, Primonil, Pryleugan, Sermonil, Talpramin, Venefon)
Generic name: Aripiprazole
Brand names: Imipramine, Tofranil-PM, Imiprin, Janimine, Antidep, Apo- Chrytemin, Daypress, Depsol, Depsonil, Ethipramine, Fronil, Imidol, Imiprex, Melipramine, Primonil, Pryleugan, Sermonil, Talpramin, Venefon
What is Tofranil?
Tofranil is a popular antidepressant medicine that is known as a tetracyclic antidepressant. It is used to fight against major depression
Apprise your medical practitioner or pharmacist for more information about the medicinal efficacy of this product.
What important information should I know about Tofranil?
Avoid drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruit while being treated with Tofranil unless your physician instructs you otherwise.
Tofranil enlarges sensitivity to sunlight, it may cause severe burning. Wear protective clothing and use a sunscreen when exposure to the sun is unavoidable.
this medication may cause dizziness or coordination problems. Use caution when operating machinery
Do not finish your course of Tofranil, even if you start to feel better. Stopping the medication too early may worsen some conditions.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can cause dangerous side effects when taken together with Tofranil.
Always report to a health care provider before giving Tofranil to a child.
What should I tell my doctor before I take this drug?
Your doctor has to know about:
- heart disorders, heart attack, stroke, or high blood pressure
- liver or kidney disease
- overactive thyroid
- an unusual or allergic reaction to imipramine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- an enlarged prostate or difficulty urinating
- adrenal gland tumor (pheochromocytoma)
- problems with urination
- pregnancy, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant
How to take Tofranil?
This medicament is available in the tablet or capsule form to take orally.
The usual initial dosage of this drug is up to 100 mg. It is usually taken 1 to 4 times a day, at around the same time(s) every day. Dosages above 250-300 mg per day are not recommended.
Tofranil is taken with some liquid. It is better to drink several glasses of water each day while you are taking Tofranil to protect your kidneys. You may take it with food or on an empty stomach. In order to underestimate stomach irritation and help your body absorb the drug is desirable to combine with meals. The tabs or capsules should be swallowed whole. Do not break
The dosage of Tofranil is based on individuals and response to remedy. It is obviously to ask your health care professional before to take this medication. Follow your physician instructions strictly.
What should you do if you miss a dose of Tofranil?
If you forget to take a dosage of Tofranil, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and continue with your normal schedule. Never take a double dose.
What should you do if you overdose of Tofranil?
Taking any medicine in large doses you can have serious consequences for your health. If you feel an overdose, inform your physician immediately.
Overdose of Tofranil may may cause hallucinations
What drug(s) may interact with Tofranil?
- barbiturate medicines (phenobarbital cimetidine, clonidine)
- local anesthetics medicines (carbamazepine)
- phenytoin stimulants (dexmethylphenidate)
- methylphenidate thyroid hormones
This is not a finished list of interactions. Consult your medical practitioner before taking this medicine for a concrete disease.
Ask your health care provider about the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.
What side-effects may occur?
- Allergic reaction ( hives; swelling of your tongue
- or face
- or throat
- or lips; itching; skin rash or swelling; difficulty breathing)
- Fever, sore throat, other signs of infection, excessive sweating
- Fast/pounding/irregular heartbeat (palpitations)
- Mental, mood changes (abnormal dreams, abnormal thinking, gloss of contact with reality, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, blurred vision)
- Problems with breathing, chest pain
- Changes in sex drive or ability
- Fatigue, faintness
- Numbness, tingling in your hands or feet (tremor), muscle stiffness, or spasms
- Indigestion, or upset stomach, bloating, stomach gas, pain or cramps
- Nausea, vomiting
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears or hearing loss
- Difficulty urinating (urinary retention), diarrhea
- Low blood pressure
- Liver problems, yellowing eyes, skin
If these persist or worsen, provide your physician straightway. This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. If you notice other effects not specified above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
How should Tofranil be stored?
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F), tightly closed, away from sunlight, direct heat, and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom or near a sink. Keep medication out of the reach of children and away from pets.